Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Too early

It's Saturday morning and I'm up. I didn't need to be up as early I am, but Luke thought I needed to be. He jumped on the bed, sat on Recruit 6, who sometime in the night snuck into my "pocket", and then rolled over him, stretched out next to me, and started licking. Everything.

Me, Recruit 6, himself. And not in that order.

I finally got up to let him and Scratch out, but I had to stand at the door because a panel on our fence blew down yesterday. So I was assaulted by early morning February air.

I did attempt to crawl back into bed between the Marine and Recruit 6 (if someone didn't understand this blog that whole sentence is just wrong) and I laid there for thirty minutes really wanting to fall back asleep.

I couldn't, my mind was awake and the following thoughts, all at once were running through it at a high rate of speed.

"I need to get my taxes done"
"I need to fill out the FAFSA" (or whatever those initials are)
"I need to pee"
"I need to fill out the insurance claim forms from the cars being broken into"
"My house stinks"
"Recruit 6 stinks"

It was all too much. So I got up and checked out Facebook.

Sometimes that really stresses me out. Especially if there are any potentially contentious posts. I just click through them.

So now I have to really get moving. We have a full day of Lacrosse and I need to make a to do list for Recruit 1 and 4. They are taking care of the little boys today since the girls all have a Lacrosse game in another town. The joy would be to see if they actually look at my list.

My BF is bringing her camera with us to the girl's game. I get to touch it, so maybe I'll have some pictures of our adventures today to load up later! Sigh... one can dream...

In the meantime, I have to go awaken the Marine. That is always a dicey move.

I did scare him though early early this morning. I guess I startled him awake by snoring in his ear. At least this time he just informed me I had startled him instead of going all mean and nasty forcing me to use bad words.

So I grunted and turned over to snore in Recruit 6's ear. He likes it, he snuggled into my pocket and sighed deeply as only a 6 year old can. It made me jealous.

I having nothing of value to add to this post. I am just procrastinating to avoid what I know is next. The awakening of the beasties, to include husband and sons.

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.