Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2013

When insomnia attacks

It's 0220 in the morning. I've been reading old blog posts. The Marine is snoring to my right and I think the little red dog is under the bed scratching. At least I hope that is him.

I received one of the nicest compliments today. Recruit 4 came into the bedroom when I was reading an old blog post and he said "you know mom, I really liked your blog, I wish you would write some more".

He is definitely sweet on occasion!

As usual there has been some time between posts and it's been filled with a lot of life. Recruit 1 has had another baby, another boy with fabulous red hair, Recruit 2 has been out on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for almost 5 months, Recruit 3 is about to wrap up her junior year and I just put her on a plane to go visit Recruit 1. Recruit 4 will be starting high school next year, Recruit 5 is playing lacrosse and getting a temper, and  Recruit 6 while a little older than the last time I posted is still my baby and still thinks he is going to grow up to be a ninja.

The Marine is still my Bishop, but in a year's time will put away his uniform and become the Retired Marine. This next year is going to be filled with preparation for some major life changes for the Marine and I. It's been a long time and the only life we have known together has been with the Corps in the middle of it.

Where will we go? What will we do? Well, the possibilities are endless. While I know this next year will bring some new stresses, it's also a little like the weeks leading up to Christmas. The future is in beautifully wrapped gifts with big bows under the warm glow of white lights sprinkled throughout a tree decorated with memories and symbols of our life.

I am going to stand in this moment of endless possibilities and dream. The world is our oyster and right now at 0229 in the morning, anything is possible!

~Kelli


No comments:

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.