Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Shopping Shopping and More Shopping

21 Dec and 22 Dec 2009

The last two days just don't rate pictures. We were CRAZY shopping. I had left many things to be purchased here in Texas so we didn't have to haul them across the country.

The result? Lots of stores. It's actually wonderful. I am so excited and tired. South Austin has really grown since we lived here 13 years ago. One shopping complex has more stores, more options, more everything than the whole town we live in!

Recruit 3 and I had lunch today at a place called Mama Fu's. It's Asian cuisine. The guy taking our order at the counter started to tell me about some club we could sign up for. I stopped him and said we don't live here.

He asked where we are from and I said we are FROM here, we just don't live here right now. My husband is a Marine.

One of the Chefs grunted out a big "ERRRRR" and I yelled back "Oooh Rah!".

I asked him when he had gone through boot camp and he said in 87. I said are you a West Coast Marine or East Coast Marine? He said the best, West Coast but had done time at Camp Lejuene as well.

He spent 8 years in and got out as a sergeant. I love Marines. I love Texas Marines. It's a tight group. Even if you only get a bowl of chicken Teriyaki and some noodles and cross paths for a few minutes.

While Recruit 3 and I were smokin' in shopping mode The Marine and Recruit 1 drove over to Houston to pick up Grammy, The Marine's mom. Recruit 2 stayed back at The Grandmother's house with Recruit 6 who is running fevers, coughing, and generally not feeling well.

Recruits 4 and 5 are with my sister and the cousins for the night.

Oh one more cool thing about today. I was in Wal-Mart and I had passed an aisle and from the very back corner of my eye I saw a woman standing there and it caused me to do a double take. I thought I recognized her. I walked backwards, and sure enough it was her! I hadn't seen her in years, but have kept in touch and she and her family are coming to the wedding.

We stood and talked for about 20 minutes or so. She took a picture to show her husband because she said he wouldn't believe her! They are great folks and good friends and I really miss having them around.

I am exhausted and ready for bed. Tomorrow is my little daughter's brides' maid luncheon. I'll have pictures of that for sure.

No comments:

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.