Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2009

Busy days!

20 December 2009
My day started early. It was Sunday and we were going to church. I looked at all the bags. I mean bags in the literal sense. We sucked all our clothes down in those space bags. You know the kind you use the vaccum cleaner with?

It was brilliant. We then stuck them in various pieces of luggage, boxes etc and then put all that in heavy duty 55 gallon trash bags. It's a good thing too considering the hours of rain we drove through. Nothing was wet! So worth the effort.

Recruit 2 and 4 went to church with The Grandmother. Recruit 1 and her fella went to the singles ward. The Marine and I got everyone else dressed and left for an 11 o'clock sacrament meeting. The only fly in the ointment is there is no 11 o'clock sacrament service.

We left and went back home. Kind of disappointed. We tried.

The Marine and the boys went out and built our manger we always build. The cedar logs are the same ones used every year. Mom moved them from Monster Acres when she sold it and moved a couple of years ago.


Last night the horses got through the wire The Marine had put up around it. We have to fix the hay before Christmas Eve.

The Marine brought all the boys' bebe guns with him. They don't get to shoot them too often where we live. They were in boy-manchild heaven.

Recruit 1 and I came out to see what all had been done.



All the dogs were out there too. Bradford had to be put in the back of The Marine's truck. He was all over the place and we knew he would wear himself out. He was in dog heaven! He misses home too.


The intense concentration was funny. They all had a PME style (professional military education) class from The Marine on weapon safety etc.


Recruit 4 shows off his one handed shooting skill.


Annie Oakely! She got her own 22 last year for Christmas. This is The Grandmother's new 22.



While the kids did target practice the dogs ran and chased sticks and each other.


If you notice in the picture above Recruit 3 is intently concentraiting. Recruit 3 is doing what annoys me most. Texting. I was quite aways away when I took this. It's a good thing I wasn't relying on her to make sure he was safe. Oh WAIT! I was!!!



The Marine was supervising the whole time. Look how cute he is! I like him.


The girls in the go cart, with Little Red. They are so pretty! Especially when they aren't texting.
I feel very safe. I have my own fire team.


The Girls were kicking up dust, and I was shocked to see Recruit 1 letting Recruit 3 drive her around. I had to check to see if I had been somehow transported to another dimension!
One shooter. Two shooters.



THREE!

The cousins arrived!


My younger sister and her daughter Miss Priss. Her son is above. I miss not living close by.

The Grandmother. I was afraid she was bringing those to me. Nope, I was safe.



The betrothed. She is going to make a beautiful bride and he is going to have his hands full for all time and eternity!!!

Recruit 3 wanted to shoot the 22. Dad is giving her a quick lesson.





We like to call these next few pictures, Name That Butt. Let me assure you, I did not take these.







My turn to shoot. I love how my scarf stayed perfectly! I am sure I hit something. Not sure what.

Don't you just wonder what he's thinking? You think he's wondering what he's getting himself into? If he isn't he should be. I hope he doesn't think too hard. Oh and no take backs!



Now I get to shoot a little pistol. The Marine was not impressed with my skill.


I don't think I hit it.

Now Recruit 3 gives it a try. She looks pretty good.

Hmm. Not so sure she knows what she hit either.

Now it's Princess. She is going to show us all up.



Not. I don't think we are going to be called Charlie's Angels anytime soon....


Recruit 2 was not impressed with us either.
Show off.

So now that we have killed the targets it's time to set up the Christmas trees. All ten of them.








Everyone helps.
Except these two. My beautiful nephew and Recruit 6. I don't even ask anymore. He's just special.



Scratch is whooped. It's been a big day for the city dog.

Prince Henery is ready to play still. He leaps like a deer. He also pounces like Tiger from Winnie the Pooh. In fact I'm pretty sure he woke up Recruit 2 this morning that way.

Ah, there's the daughter I remember.


Oh my gosh this kid is cute. He was just so pleasant the whole trip and the entire day.

The Marine wrapped lights and we will eventually have three trees on each side and then the other four located else where. We gathered inside our Nativity and read from Luke. We also attempted to sing a few carols, which we wrapped up quickly since it was getting colder and colder. We were all wrapped in blankets, but it didn't help a whole lot.



Recruit 6 was leaping from one bale of hay to another, fell and face planted. He has a string burn across his right cheek. I wrapped him swaddling clothes and rocked him on the family swing. I told Recruit 1, "You didn't really think all your brothers would be scar/scab free for your wedding now did you?" This is the best part of being a mom. I am blessed!

1 comment:

correspondent said...

Hi there, Thanks for telling your readers about Space Bag products. Glad to hear they helped you store away all those extra clothes. If you'd like to check out our new online community, Space Savers, and tell us about your success we'd love to send you some extra Space Bag products to tackle clutter all around the house. Thanks again for sharing your story. Have a great holiday and we hope to hear from you soon! Best, Space Savers community correspondent

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.