Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2009

Krazy Konversations


Recruit 5 and I were driving around today, just the two of us. We had taken Scratch, our black lab to get his stitches out. He had 7 Lumps removed and had five major incisions. He is all healed, but I thought I should give you the background that prompted the following discussion.


Recruit 5: "Mom, have you had a surgery?"


Kelli: "Yes about two years ago."


Recruit 5: "Oh, what kind of surgery?"


Kelli: "I had a hysterectomy."


*I have always thought it important to be honest, use proper anatomical names and try and give only as much info as they ask. It's caused a few embarrassing moments in the past. However, I believe in answering all their questions, even though I know the word uterus will come out of his mouth at the most embarrassing possible moment sometime in the future.


Recruit 5: "What is a hysterectomy?"


Kelli: "Well I had to have my uterus taken out."


Recruit 5: "What's a uterus?"


Kelli: {crap} "It's where babies grow before they are born. It keeps them safe and warm until they are ready to come out."


Recruit 5: "Oh, your stomach?"


Kelli: "No, it's right below your stomach, but mine is gone now. I didn't need it anymore. It looks like it's the mom's belly when she gets big as the baby gets bigger, but it's really her uterus getting bigger with the baby."


Recruit 5: "What's 4 + 2?"


Kelli: {oh thank goodness, we're moving on} "Six"


Recruit 5: "aha. 4 boys and 2 girls. 6 kids. No wonder."


They just keep getting smarter.


2 comments:

Angela said...

That was so funny. You kids are all getting so big. Love to check your blog. Thinking of you. lotsa love to all of you.

Stacey said...

Awesome! Try explaining a vasectomy... hahahaha

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.