Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2009

Things I Heard on Sunday

2 minutes left before I needed to run out the door. I am in the bathroom. I'm yelling for people to get in the van.

I am hurriedly applying make up. Or attempting to.

The Marine is trying to slick down hair.

I hear:

The Marine: "DON'T WIPE YOUR NOSE ON YOUR BROTHER'S SHIRT!"

I don't bother to look. Whatever is there is going to church with us.

Later in our Sunday School class, Recruit 6, one of our students was sitting for quite awhile with his hand raised.

I finally had no choice but to call on him. We were discussing how we know our parent's love us and how we can let them know we love them.

Kelli: "Yes Recruit 6, what is it?"

Recruit 6 settles in his chair saying ummmm. Finally, "We have to keep the Gospel from attacking people's houses."

I sit still pondering this. Not sure what he possibly could have meant. I turn to The Marine who team teaches with me.

"Hey, did you hear that?"

The Marine glances up from the scriptures he's been searching and says, "I think it should attack people's houses." And he looks back down and begins reading.

Recruit 6 seemed fine with that answer and we moved on.

After church: I took a nap.

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.