Search This Blog

Saturday, November 1, 2008

HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEEE-NNNNNNN 2008


And that is pretty much how I feel about Halloween. Not my favorite holiday. However the opportunity to dress up and step outside of yourself if not lost on me. I appreciate my children's willingness to be silly and creative.


Recruit 2 got invited last minute by our neighbor to go to a Halloween party with her. She even had the costume ready! We added the rope suspenders and hat. He was so funny! So they went as scarecrows...



I even got a little jig out of them before they left.



Recruit two also decorated last minute the front of the house. He complained about not having much to work with. I am an UN-fun Halloween mom this year. Maybe I'll give him from the beginning of October next year and let him run with it...


Cute kids! Our girl Scarecrow is a lot of fun too and when I went to pick them up they were all still dancing away!


The faceless thing is Recruit 4. He wore that stinking faceless hood during the week and would come stand at my bathroom door while I was putting my make up on and not speak. I KNEW it was him but it was CREEPY. He was a dementor, with style... The white ghost costume underneath. He sort of mixed and matched this year.

Power Rangers with muscles! The Marine kept saying, "I only had a store bought costume a few times! Now they have to have one every year!"
I said: "Excuse me, are you sewing? Are you around to pull together odds and ends? Could we REALLY duplicate these cool spongy muscles?"
Recruit 1 and a friend of hers took the three boys around the neighborhood for me, along with these cool blue chicks.

That is Recruit 3 on the left and her blue friend. They were from the BLUE MEN group. They looked totally cool too! I am always amazed at the way Recruit 3's brain works and what she comes up with. She and her co-hart had blue all over the white turtlenecks by the end of the night.

Some people didn't get it and they had to explain what they were.


A little touch ups before they left to hit the streets.
Meanwhile I stayed on the porch and ate chili.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Way cool. I too am unappreciative of this holiday. I scout the thrift stores for suitable costumes in advance, because I am NOT paying $20 for a Halloween costume! And one of these years I'll just buy the candy and we'll eat it rather than giving ours away and asking other people for theirs. Although we did get good loot this year.

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.